Colonial Prep's Mission
Colonial is dedicated to improving the lives of its students by providing authentic learning experiences in a collaborative, nurturing environment that will build a foundation for students success in school, at future work, and in life.
To achieve the mission, our School will integrate current learning technologies into the classroom, offer authentic learning experiences that are respectful of how children learn best, and offer a schedule and support activities that enable each student to achieve to his or her potential. We want our students to leave the School with the skills and abilities necessary to achieve academic excellence, personal growth, and success as lifelong learners. This mission requires the support of the faculty, staff, families, and community in order to encourage and empower students to be responsible and valued citizens.
Now Enrolling for 2014!Download Enrollment Forms: Click Here
What is Colonial Prep?
Colonial Prep is an Elementary Charter School Located in Akron, Ohio. We opened in August 2013 serving students in grades k-8. Colonial places high importance on safety and civility. These are core to having a good learning environment and building character. We have a project-based curriculum philosophy that incorporates new and emerging practices and technologies such as Promethean Boards and iPads. We view the entire world as our classroom and will have a variety of face-to-face and virtual and other learning activities outside of the school.(Back)
The Colonial Program
- All students achieve to their potential given the correct resources, facility and caring, dedicated educators and parents.
- All students benefit from a fundamental curriculum and structured environment which includes foundational skills and hands-on application in grades k-8.
- Parent involvement is a key component to the success of individual students and the success of the school
- Teachers incorporate high yield instructional strategies into their lessons to provide stimulating, challenging, and focused academic classes.
- Students work individually, as teams, and within groups in their classrooms as they use a variety of tools to promote learning (i.e. technology for research, labs for inquiry learning, and hands-on manipulatives)
- Cross Curricula instruction take place in all grade levels by incorporating language in to all subject areas.
What makes us unique?
- Rigorous academic standards
- Multicultural Environment
- Daily after school tutoring
- After School Clubs
- Student involvement in community projects
- School Uniforms
- Community based partnerships
- Parent Involvement
- A strict discipline policy
- CPR & First Aid training for all staff members
- Host community and family activities
- High level of technology
Students at Colonial Prep can expect a safe school, an engaging classroom, and teachers who care about the development of each individual child. The Colonial Prep is all about kids! We believe that each child is in some way gifted. It is our joy to build the nurturing and challenging relationships that lead each child to discover that gift and put it to use in school and at home. Many Colonial staff members are parents who have very clear ideas of what schools can provide their own children. At Colonial, we want that for every child. Colonial is a place where there's high academic achievement, a safe and disciplined environment, innovation, and joy! Colonial is a place where every child is gifted and every child is a star. Big Dreams-Small School is our reality.(Back)
Message to Parents
We know that choosing a school for your child is an important decision. The right school can enhance the values high standards that you have for your child at home. We are that school. Colonial will help to form the citizens of tomorrow. Citizens which value diversity, integrity, and hard work. But we can't do it alone. We need the support of each parent. That support comes in many forms, including frequent communications, homework checks, volunteering in the classroom or at school functions, and support for the schools policies and high standards. Click below to get more information or to provide us with input regarding the proposed Academy.(Back)
2199 5th Street SW
Akron, OH 44314
© 2014 Colonial Prep School